Sunday, January 18, 2009

Cheap Movies

In general, as with most things, the further away from downtown you go, the cheaper things get. With that in mind, some of the cheapest movie theaters in the city:


  • Logan (2646 N Milwaukee) - By far, cheapest I've found yet at $3 all day (last I checked, correct me if I'm wrong). The catch - kinda scummy and tends to be limited to family-friendly movies.


  • Davis (4614 N. Lincoln) - Best of all worlds - cheap, and run every type of movie from family to R-rated, mainstream to independent.


  • Village North (6746 N. Sheridan) - also has free popcorn Wednesdays, if you bring your own container/bucket/trash bag to fill with it.


  • Brew & View at the Vic (3145 N. Sheffield) - 2 movies for $5.



And if you haven't hopped on the Netflix bandwagon...
Cheapest Rental Places:


  • Discus CD Exchange (2935 N Broadway) - Used CD/DVDs for sale and $0.50 DVD rentals (new releases slightly more).


  • Hollywood Video (multiple locations) - $0.99 DVD rentals on Wednesdays (slightly more for new releases).

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
captain sparkle
View my complete profile